Early Childhood Teacher | KU Permanent Relief North Shore & Beaches - Full Time, Fixed Time
Job no: 508672
Work type: Fixed Term - Full Time
Location: Sydney - North Shore & Northern Beaches
Categories: Early Childhood Teacher
Early Childhood Teacher - Full Time | KU Permanent Relief Team North Shore & Northern Beaches
- Full Time Parental leave position travelling to support KU services
- Sector leading pay, benefits and travel allowance
- Exciting opportunity for career enhancement, progression and development
Who We Are
KU Children's Services (KU) is one of the most respected early education providers in Australia and has an enviable reputation for the quality of our services. 99% of KU centres meet or exceed the National Quality Standards.
KU is a leading not for profit provider of over 115 early childhood education and care services in NSW, VIC, ACT and QLD. Established in 1895, KU is one of Australia's most experienced and respected providers of Long Day Care, Preschool, Outside School Hours Care, Occasional Care, Family Programs and Early Intervention services. KU also operates brokered programs on behalf of the Commonwealth Government and provides professional services to the early childhood sector and the wider community.
The Permanent Relief Team
Our KU Permanent Relief Team is a close-knit network of early childhood education professionals who are passionate about teaching and caring for children. The team provides a welcoming and supportive environment for suitably qualified applicants to continue to interact with and care for children. The KU Permanent Relief Team works across a number of services to cover leave taken by permanent staff, playing a pivotal role in supporting our services in their success.
We have an opportunity for a bachelor trained early childhood teacher to work at various locations throughout Inner Sydney region. You will be responsible for covering leave taken by permanent staff and will also take a leading role at a service when required. This is a full-time parental leave position, working Monday to Friday, 8 hours per day, accruing a Monthly Rostered Day Off (RDO) and travel allowance, currently to August 2020.
This role encompasses working across the following KU services in the North Shore & Northern Beaches Region (Region 6):
- KU Avalon
- KU Bligh Park
- KU Cammeray
- KU Castlecrag
- KU Chatswood Community
- KU Chatswood West
- KU Grandstand
- KU Greenwich
- KU Greenwood
- KU Killarney Heights
- KU Mosman
- KU Newport
- KU Osborne Park
What we're looking for?
We want you to be as passionate about early childhood education and as committed to achieving positive outcomes as we are. This role will suit an educator with previous child care experience who’s taken on a leading role at a service and has the capability to lead teams as well as articulate children's educational experiences with parents as well as other staff members effectively. In addition, you will have:
- A current NSW Working with Children Check.
- A driver's license and access to a car, as this position will require you to travel to different centres
- Work rights to enable you to work in Australia
- A recognised Early Childhood Teaching degree level of qualification in Early Childhood or similar as approved by Australian Children’s Education and Quality Authority (ACECQA)
- Completed training in Child Protection legislation and its implications for the care and protection of children
- Sound understanding of the Education and Care Services National Law (2010) and the Education and Care Services National Regulations (2011) and how they apply in your state
- Working knowledge of the Early Years Learning Frameworks (EYLF)
- Professional level of written and verbal communication skills
- A current Senior First Aid certificate as approved by ACECQA including current approved Asthma and Anaphylaxis Management
- One or more years of experience in a leadership role is preferred.
Why join us?
KU Children’s Services has been recognised as a Winner of The Australian Business Awards for Employer of Choice in 2016, 2017 and 2018. At KU we want to make your work with us as interesting and rewarding as we possibly can.
The KU Difference:
- We Reward - We offer sector leading pay and benefits including salary packaging and discounted private health insurance.
- We Build Careers - We enable and encourage our people to grow and evolve with us.
- We Grow Our People - We provide opportunities to learn, grow and enhance your professional practice through KU’s high quality professional learning program.
- We Offer an Inclusive Culture - We’ve created a diverse and inclusive working culture with a shared vision and common values.
So, if you enjoy variety in your day and feel you can positively contribute across close-knit teams, please click Apply Now!
For more information please contact Anthony Robinson, Careers Consultant on 9268 3930 or via Careers@ku.com.au
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend