Child Care Educator | KU Carillon Avenue Children's Centre - Part Time Parental Leave Contract
Job no: 509289
Work type: Fixed Term - Part Time
Location: Sydney - CBD, Inner West & Eastern Suburbs
Categories: Certificate III Educator
- Part Time Parental Leave Contract until December 2019
- Sector leading pay and benefits + access to extra hours
- Opportunities for career enhancement, progression and development
KU Carillon Avenue Children's Centre, located in Newtown is easily accessible by public transport and caters for children aged 6 weeks to 6 years old.
The service offers a play-based learning program rich in leisure opportunities that are centred upon children's interests and strengths to support their learning and development. The children at Carillon Avenue have the opportunity to develop their creativity, relationships and life skills in a safe, relaxed environment, strengthening children's emerging talents and abilities. The children's learning complements their learning at home and at the centre.
KU Carillon Avenue Childcare Centre has been rated as Exceeding the National Quality Standard.
For more information, please visit the centre website: https://www.ku.com.au/childcare/centres/kucarillonavenue
We are recruiting for an experienced educator with a Certificate III qualification who values making a difference in children’s lives, thrives on partnering with families, is keen to further develop their skills and wants to join a passionate, capable and dedicated team.
This position will see you working Wednesday to Friday for 8 hours per day (on a rotating roster) on a parental leave contract until December 2019).
To be considered for this role, it is essential you have:
- A current NSW Working with Children Check.
- Work rights to enable you to work in Australia
- Recognised Certificate III in Children’s Services or similar as approved by Australian Children’s Education and Quality Authority (ACECQA)
- Current knowledge of Child Protection legislation and its implications for the care and protection of children
- Sound understanding of the Education and Care Services National Law(2010) and the Education and Care Services National Regulations (2011)
- Working knowledge of the Early Years Learning Frameworks (EYLF)
- Professional level of written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated computer literacy skills
Why join us?
KU Children’s Services has been recognised as a Winner of The Australian Business Awards for Employer of Choice in 2016 & 2017. At KU we want to make your work with us as interesting and rewarding as we possibly can. To encourage and support your professional journey, KU offers:
- Sector leading employment conditions and pay within well-resourced and environmentally responsible workplaces.
- An outstanding professional learning program which includes access to a wide variety of pedagogical and corporate training workshops, courses and network meetings.
- Opportunities for career enhancement, progression and development.
- Leading edge technology.
- A commitment to innovative and child-focused research on curriculum development and the future innovations and trends in early childhood development.
- Paid Parental Leave for all staff.
- Coaching and mentoring from experienced colleagues
The KU Difference:
- We Reward - We offer sector leading pay and benefits including salary packaging and discounted private health insurance.
- We Build Careers - We enable and encourage our people to grow and evolve with us
- We Grow Our People - We provide opportunities to learn, grow and enhance your professional practice through KU’s high quality professional learning program
- We Offer an Inclusive Culture - We’ve created a diverse and inclusive working culture with a shared vision and common values.
How do you apply?
If the above resonates with you and you feel you can positively contribute to this close-knit team, please click the 'apply now' button to be taken to the application form!
For inquiries, contact Katie, Careers Consultant on 9268 3934 or firstname.lastname@example.org (please note: applications are not accepted via this email).
To view other exciting opportunities, please visit our website www.ku.com.au/careers
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend