Advanced Child Care Educator Qualified | KU Braddon Children's Centre - Full Time
Job no: 509298
Work type: Permanent - Full Time
Location: Australian Capital Territory
Categories: Diploma Qualified Educator
- Full Time Permanent Position
- Sector leading pay and benefits including one monthly Rostered Day Off (RDO)
- Opportunities for career enhancement, progression and development
KU Braddon Childen's Centre, located in a beautiful tree lined street in Canberra’s Inner North and walking distance from the city, offers beautiful outdoor environments architecturally designed and completed in late 2015 by a well-known landscaping firm in Canberra, featuring a unique water pumping station, decks and quality finishes.
KU Braddon provides a calm, loving place for children to socialise with other children – with a philosophy that care and education must be combined in planning for the needs, interests and skills of each child.
For more information, please visit the centre website: https://www.ku.com.au/childcare/centres/kubraddon
KU Braddon is seeking an interested Diploma qualified educator who have the drive and passion to work in Early Childhood. The position we have on offer is a superb opportunity to get your foot in the KU door!
This position will see you working 8 hours per day Monday to Friday accruing a monthly Rostered Day Off (RDO) on a parental leave contract until January 2020.
What we’re looking for?
We want you to be as passionate about early childhood education and as committed to achieving positive outcomes as we are. In addition you will have:
- A recognised Diploma level of qualification in Children’s Services or similar as approved by Australian Children’s Education and Quality Authority (ACECQA).
- Current NSW Working with Children Check.
- Work rights to enable you to work in Australia.
- Sound understanding of the Education and Care Services National Law (2010) and the Education and Care Services National Regulations (2011).
- Working knowledge of the Early Years Learning Frameworks (EYLF) as well as the "Circle of Security" theory
- Professional level of written and verbal communication skills.
- Current knowledge of Child Protection legislation and its implications for the care and protection of children.
- A current First Aid certificate which includes Asthma and Anaphylaxis Management training.
- Demonstrated computer literacy skills.
Why join us?
KU has been recognised as a Winner of The Australian Business Awards for Employer of Choice in 2018, 2017 and 2016. At KU we want to make your work with us as interesting and rewarding as we possibly can. To encourage and support your professional journey, KU offers:
- Sector leading employment conditions and pay within well-resourced and environmentally responsible workplaces.
- An outstanding professional learning program which includes access to a wide variety of pedagogical and corporate training workshops, courses and network meetings.
- Opportunities for career enhancement, progression and development.
- Leading edge technology.
- A commitment to innovative and child-focused research on curriculum development and the future innovations and trends in early childhood development.
- Paid Parental Leave for all staff.
- Coaching and mentoring from experienced colleagues.
How to apply?
If the above resonates with you and you feel you can positively contribute to this close-knit team, please click the 'apply now' button to be taken to the application form.
For inquiries contact Anthony, Careers Consultant on 9268 3930 or email@example.com (please note: applications are not accepted via this email address).
To view other vacant positions, please visit our website www.ku.com.au
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend