Child Care Educator | KU Little Stars at Southern Cross Children's Centre - Part Time
Job no: 509361
Work type: Fixed Term - Part Time
Location: Melbourne - CBD & Inner Suburbs
Categories: Certificate III Educator
- Part time position working 6 hours per day, 5 days per week
- Sector leading pay and benefits
- Opportunities for career enhancement, progression and development
KU Children's Services (KU) is one of the most respected and experienced early education providers in Australia and has an enviable reputation for the quality of our services. 99% of KU centre's meet or exceed the National Quality Standards.
An exciting opportunity has become available for a Child Care Educator to join our thriving centre located in the heart of Melbourne CBD.
KU Little Stars at Southern Cross Children's Centre, located in Docklands (very close to Southern Cross Station), is a state of the art centre that offers education and care to the children of employees of NAB.
With a purpose-built outdoor play area specifically designed for the children, with natural vegetation, ample shade and play equipment, the centre takes pride in providing children with an environment that supports sustainability.
KU Little Stars is looking for a child care educator with a Certificate III in Children's Services who values partnering with families, is keen to further develop their skills and wants to join a passionate, capable and dedicated team to work with children aged 6 weeks to 3 years old.
This is a part time position working 6 hours per day, Monday to Friday currently approved on a two year fixed time contract from January 2020 to January 2022.
To be considered for this role, it is essential you have:
- previous experience working as a Child Care Educator within an early childhood service
- a recognised Certificate III in Children's Services qualification or similar as approved by Australian Children’s Education and Quality Authority (ACECQA)
- sound understanding of the NQF, EYLF, Education and Care Services National Law (2010) and the Education and Care Services National Regulations (2011)
- professional level of written and verbal communication skills
- current knowledge of Child Protection legislation and its implications for the care and protection of children
- demonstrated computer literacy skills
- current VIC Working with Children Check
- work rights to enable you to work in Australia
Why join us?
KU has been recognised as a Winner of The Australian Business Awards for Employer of Choice in 2016, 2017, 2018 & 2019. At KU we want to make your work with us as interesting and rewarding as we possibly can.
The KU Difference:
- We Reward - We offer sector leading pay and benefits including salary packaging and discounted private health insurance.
- We Build Careers - We enable and encourage our people to grow and evolve with us
- We Grow Our People - We provide opportunities to learn, grow and enhance your professional practice through KU’s high quality professional learning program
- We Offer an Inclusive Culture - We’ve created a diverse and inclusive working culture with a shared vision and common values.
How do you apply?
If you would like to be considered for this position, please submit your Cover Letter and CV via the 'APPLY NOW' button.
For inquiries, contact Anthony, Careers Consultant on 9268 3930 or Careers@ku.com.au (please note: applications are not accepted via email).
To view other vacant positions, please visit our website www.ku.com.au
Advertised: AUS Eastern Daylight Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend