Child Care Educator | KU Centennial Parklands Children's Centre - Part Time Fixed Term Contract (ISS)
Job no: 509585
Work type: Fixed Term - Part Time
Location: Sydney - CBD, Inner West & Eastern Suburbs
Categories: Certificate III Educator
- Part Time Fixed Time Contract until December 2019
- Sector leading pay and benefits
- Opportunities for career enhancement, progression and development
KU Centennial Parklands, located in Moore Park, is accessible by public transport and has free on-site parking.
The centre is a fun loving, thriving hub whose passionate team care for up to 38 children aged 6 weeks to 6 years old with an emphasis on an inclusive environment where children feel like they belong and are encouraged to play, discover and learn.
Centennial Parklands' playground is designed to allow children to explore nature and discover the natural environment. They want children to be able to dig in the mud, climb trees, discover and learn about insects and enjoy connecting with nature. The many experiences offered enable children to immerse themselves in the natural elements of their surroundings and feel inspired to create, imagine and play.
For more information, please visit the centre website: https://www.ku.com.au/childcare/centres/kucentennialpark
We are seeking a motivated educator with a completed Certificate III qualification who has an understanding of inclusion and diversity to work in the preschool room. This is a part time fixed time contract working 2 days per week (5 hours per day on Thursday and Friday) until December 2019 with a view to extend into 2020.
Access to casual shifts on non contracted days are also available.
Ideally the successful applicant will have an understanding of inclusion, excellent communication skills and be willing to contribute to the program.
What we're looking for
We want you to be as passionate about early childhood education and as committed to achieving positive outcomes as we are. In addition you will have:
- A current NSW Working with Children Check.
- Work rights to enable you to work in Australia
- Recognised Certificate III in Children’s Services or similar as approved by Australian Children’s Education and Quality Authority (ACECQA)
- Current knowledge of Child Protection legislation and its implications for the care and protection of children
- Sound understanding of the Education and Care Services National Law(2010) and the Education and Care Services National Regulations (2011)
- Working knowledge of the Early Years Learning Frameworks (EYLF)
- Professional level of written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated computer literacy skills
Why join us?
KU has been recognised as a Winner of The Australian Business Awards for Employer of Choice in 2016, 2017 and 2018. At KU we want to make your work with us as interesting and rewarding as we possibly can.
The KU Difference:
- We Reward - We offer sector leading pay and benefits including salary packaging and discounted private health insurance.
- We Build Careers - We enable and encourage our people to grow and evolve with us
- We Grow Our People - We provide opportunities to learn, grow and enhance your professional practice through KU’s high quality professional learning program
- We Offer an Inclusive Culture - We’ve created a diverse and inclusive working culture with a shared vision and common values.
How do you apply?
If the above resonates with you and you feel you can positively contribute to this close-knit team, please click the 'apply now' button to be taken to the application form!
For inquiries, contact Katie, Careers Consultant on 9268 3934 or email@example.com (please note that applications are not accepted via this email address).
To view other vacant positions, please visit our website www.ku.com.au
Advertised: AUS Eastern Standard Time
Back to search results Apply now Refer a friend